Brandshop, an independent 3rd party retaile (“us” or “we”) operates Shop.lansinoh.com, and client-branded derivative websites thereof (collectively, the “Site”). All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘company’ within this statement and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to BrandShop. We endeavor to protect your personal privacy. We provide this Privacy Statement to help you to understand what we may do with any “Personally Identifiable Information” (defined below) that we may collect from you or that you may voluntarily provide to us when you use the Site and services delivered through the Site and in email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site. This Privacy Statement does not apply to: (i) information collected by the company offline or through any other means, including any other website operated by the company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or (ii) any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you must not use or access the Site. By using and submitting your information through the Site, you consent to this Privacy Statement, the company’s collection and sharing of your personal information according to the terms of this Privacy Statement, and to the company’s Terms and Conditions, which can be found at https://www.lansinoh.com/en/privacy-policy. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of the Site in general. We will use your information for the purposes set out below. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you by email or phone.
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. We will provide notice by, at a minimum, updating this posting. You are expected to carefully review this Privacy Statement from time to time so you are aware of any changes. However, if we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by sending an email to the e-mail address specified in your account, if you have one, or by means of a prominent notice on the Site before the change becomes effective. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and to the company’s collection and sharing of your personal information according to the terms of the then current Privacy Statement.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, you should first contact BrandShop by mail at 20 Constitution Blvd South, Shelton, CT 06484 or by emailing Privacy@BrandShop.com.
1. What is Personally Identifiable Information?
2. Collecting Personal Information
You can decide what personal information you provide to us. We only collect personal information that you choose to provide. Where possible, we will enable you to select how we will use this personal information (for example, by choosing to opt-in or opt-out of receiving special promotional offers from the Site.
We do not require users of the Site to register or provide personal information before entering or browsing the Site. However, when you engage in certain activities of the Site, such as registering for an account, purchasing an item from the Site, signing up for email notifications, or submitting content, you will be required to provide certain information. We call these activities “Identification Activities.” If you choose to engage in an Identification Activity, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, mailing address, email address and, if applicable, payment information. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide will be identified as mandatory and some will be identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for an activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. We may also collect information concerning you, including, but not limited to, the kind of product or service you are ordering from the Site, details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders, your search queries on the Site, and records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
In common with many websites, we may use ‘cookies,’ ‘web beacons,’ Google Analytics and/or other tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to help us gather and process certain information from visitors to the Site.
Web beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited certain pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process certain information about you and your use of the Site. The information collected by Google Analytics is statistical data and does not include personal information. You may learn more about how Google uses the information it collects by visiting the following the site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” (located at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
We may use information from Tracking Technologies for the following purposes:
- To monitor traffic on the Site and recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes by tracking the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Site, the date and time of your access to the Site, the pages you visit, the Internet address of the website from which you accessed the Site.
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising (e.g. to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked).
We may connect the information that we collect through Tracking Technologies with other personal information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
- To customize or personalize your experience on the Site (e.g. so that we can greet you on the Site by name).
- For transactional purposes, such as credit card sales.
- To monitor your use of our website(s) in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible; for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Site that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Site that you have not accessed previously.
We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
Do Not Track Policy
“Do Not Track” is a standard that is currently under development. As it is not yet finalized, we adhere to the standards set out in this Privacy Statement and we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals on the Site or on third-party websites or online services where we may collect information.
4. Use of Information
We will use information collected from you in the following ways:
- Marketing Communications. We may use your personal information in order to communicate with you about the Site’s products and services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses. However, you will be able to choose whether or not to receive such communications when you first provide personal information to us. You will also have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you. You may also unsubscribe from such communications at any time (see “Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information” below).
- Marketing Analysis. We may use information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites. We may also share non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personal information about you. We will only share your personal information with third parties for marketing analysis with your consent.
- Transactional Purposes. We may use your personal information in order to respond to your queries and requests and to manage transactions such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or any of our agents, or for the fulfillment of such transactions (e.g. delivery). The personal information you provide may be used by an authorized vendor to fulfill that order.
- Third Party Offers. We may arrange for carefully selected organizations to send you marketing and promotional information that may be of interest to you. In such circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to organizations that will agree to be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on use consistent with this Privacy Statement. We will obtain your permission before we send you any such communications.
- Public (or Interactive) Areas of the Site. Information that you post on or through the public areas of the Site (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of the Site are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public (or interactive) areas of the Site.
- Sale and Transfer. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- Administration and Data Management. We may transfer your personal information to third parties under confidentiality obligations when the performance of any service in relation to the activities above is sub-contracted (e.g. the administration of a marketing campaign).
- Legal Purposes. We collect, use or disclose your personal information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend us or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, and to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations.
- Behavioral Tracking. We may use the Tracking Technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
- Changes to the Site. We may notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through the Site.
- Other Purposes. We may use your personal information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
In addition to disclosures identified in the purposes above, from time to time we may disclose personal information to:
- BrandShop, and our affiliates and our and their respective subcontractors and service providers, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further provided such service provider and their subcontractors and affiliates do not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- a person or entity, including our affiliates, to whom disclosure is required in order to fulfill one or more of the purposes described above under “Purposes for Collecting Information”;
- a person who, in our reasonable judgment, is providing or seeking the information as the authorized or appointed legal agent of the subject individual; or
- any third party with your consent or where disclosure is required or permitted by law. Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of use of the Site, which include this Privacy Statement, constitute the granting of consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes set out above.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time (see “Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information” below).
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time (see “Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information” below). You will also have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you.
- Google Analytics Opt-out Option. If you do not want your information collected with Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page (located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) and install the add-on for your browser. For more details, visit the “Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on” page (located at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en).
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
We take security seriously and we take reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
8. Third-Party Content
9. Third-Party Websites
This Privacy Statement is applicable only to the Site and does not apply to any third-party websites or to other companies or persons. The Site may contain links to, and media and other content from, other sites. In addition, such third-party media and content may also contain external links. Because of the dynamic media capabilities of the Site, it may not be clear to you which links are embedded in the Site and which are embedded in third-party media and/or content. The company cannot and does not guarantee the privacy policies and practices of any third party. The company does not control, operate, or endorse any information, products, or services of any third-party websites that may be reached through links from the Site.
The use of any personal information provided by you to, or automatically collected from, a third party will be governed by that party’s privacy statement. If you are unsure whether a website is controlled, affiliated, or managed by the company, you should review the privacy statement at each linked website to determine how that site treats your personal information.
10. Protecting Children
This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, postal address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Privacy@BrandShop.com.
11. Unsubscribe, Access, Questions and Further Information
At your request, where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information.
If you have created an online account, please log in and update your information. If you do not have access to an account please contact us at Privacy@BrandShop.com.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at Privacy@BrandShop.com.